[Sca-cooks] Ukraine Recipe?

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Fri Aug 9 09:51:12 PDT 2002

At 08:58 AM 8/9/02,Sergey Kryzhanovsky said something like:
>  There is no any difference between modern cousines of Russia and
>Ukraine except ukrainian love to fat and some dishes. Old cousines
>were very specific to region. Also peasants cooking was not similar
>to noble cooking, of course.
>  It will be more sense in my help if you will narrow the scope of your
>question. :)
>
>--
>Best regards,
>  Sergey                            mailto:ksv at sunbay.com

I'd love to get a recipe for Russian Rye bread.  Last year I met a friend
from the internet that lives in Russia, and brought him some black rye
bread. His comment that what I made was more like cake than bread.  So,
just what is Russian Rye bread?!?!?  Is it the black bread that we have
seen romantic references too? is it a regular looking bread? This friend is
still ducking my requests for a real recipe (darnit).

Thank you in advance,
Maggie MacD.