Joke evolution: was, Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: regional names for eggdishes

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Aug 9 10:08:00 PDT 2002

Also sprach Susan Fox-Davis:
>"Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius" wrote:
>
>>  Hmmm. Interesting. That's always been an interesting visual and a bit
>>  of non-logic, but I note that the pun aspect is now officially lost
>>  (officially, as in, no longer recognized by Warner Brothers).
>
>I don't know why you say that, unless you mean how the WB has become the
>All-Pokemon Channel this past year.  Just before that, Tiny Toons,
>Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain were gloriously pun-filled. <narf!>
>
>Yours in toonage,
>Selene C.

No, I was referring only to that specific pun, as the gag is used by
WB. IOW, the transition from, "The missionary those cannibals ate
last night seemed to disagree with them, but then they did boil him,
and he was a friar," to, "Hey, ya can't put me in dat pot, doc! I'm a
fryer!" Now, of course, Bugs is speaking, not writing, so homophones
are tough to interpret, but AFAIK he has never been a member of any
kind of clergy. Hmmm. Now _there's_ an idea.

Hey, do you know where I can get some kind of video of Pinky singing
about the Cheeses From Around The Woild? Possibly the most surreal
thing I've ever seen...

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER