[Sca-cooks] Bouillabaise quote from NY Times...

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 10 21:19:26 PDT 2002

Urp.  Kill me now.

Better yet, get milord hubby to avenge our ravaged aesthetics.  He's a part
time Klingon.

On a tangent, yet closer to bouillabaise than these characters will ever be:  I
seem to have inherited a
"cataplana," a Portuguese cooking vessel that looks like a pair of copper woks,
hinged together.
Apparently, the clamshell-looking contraption was invented by fisherman to cook
their meals.
One puts clams and whatever else one has in with some wine and/or stock,
piri-piri pepper sauce of course,
closes it up and places it over coals.  Ten minutes or until the clams open,
and eat!

This sounds like a likely item for an overnight event, if I can sneak offsite
long enough to get to a good
fishmarket during the weekend.

Selene Colfox, Clammy in Caid