[Sca-cooks] Making Cheese

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Sun Aug 11 09:36:19 PDT 2002

> My husband is getting interested in making his own cheese, (not
necessarily period at first).  Does anyone have any tips or tricks or info?
> Apollonia

        How very cool!  if I only had the time,  the materials, the talent!
Keep good {precise & legible} notes so that good stuff can be re-created,
and for  bad stuff, the mistakes can be not repeated.    There are some
books out there about making homemade cheese,  I know my little town Library
has one. and the list talked about a website . . . . {check the
Flory-thingy}

    And cheese is cheese  -- the techniques for making cheese hasn't changed
that radically in 500 years  -- the milk & the bacteria(?) have to have time
to coagulate & (whatever).

    Keep us informed about his progress!!

    Caointiarn