[Sca-cooks] Two food allergies

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Aug 12 15:29:45 PDT 2002

Also sprach Susan Browning:
>The emu here is all farm raised.  Probably not as gamey as it is in the
>wild.
>
>Eleanor

I believe this came up on this list fairly recently: "Emu is game and
therefore gamy, and must be well-done," versus, "Emus are farmed and
not much, if any, more gamy than domesticated ducks, and probably
quite safe to eat rarish."

I suspect it depends on where you are, ultimately, and where, and
how, you get your emu.

All the emu I have ever eaten has been on the rare side, hasn't been
really gamy, and has caused no ill heath effects in anyone involved.
But then, I don't hunt emu in their native habitat.

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER