[Sca-cooks] Something Different?

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 14 08:50:15 PDT 2002

Marilyn Traber wrote:

> I have to admit, Doc Savage: the Apoclyptic life [IIRC the title
> is, I'd have to go out into the Black Hole of Canterbury and
> rummage for the blasted thing] is hystericle. I love the way he
> drags Sherlock Holmes and The Woman [Irene Adler] and Moriarty,
> and a meteor strike into his genetic history ;-)

You were close:  DOC SAVAGE:  HIS APOCALYPTIC LIFE by Philip José Farmer. I
started reading the books about the time the '76 movie came out, in my teens -
real target audience age group, if not quite the right decade.  My anachronism
takes many forms, after all.

You may laugh.  I worked my persona story into Farmer's geneology chart from the
very beginning.  Compare my armory with that found in Fleming's novel ON HER
MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE and figger it out.

Sneaky Selene C.
selene at earthlink.net