[Sca-cooks] Happy Assumption

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Aug 14 11:02:41 PDT 2002

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:

> Also sprach Pixel, Goddess and Queen:
> >For the last year or so I've wanted to do an event discussing some of the
> >more prevalent myths about the time periods we study, include things
> >like macrows and pain perdu in the menu, and call it The Feast of the
> >Assumptions.
>
> So what are the myths connected with macrows and payn perdu?
>
> Adamantius

Not so much that there are myths associated with them, but those
dishes are good examples to refute the myth that all medieval food was
weird, strange, and highly spiced.

The idea started out as just a feast, full of dishes that a modern person
would recognize, and has turned into an event, or at least a moot, dealing
with commonly-held myths, both mundane and SCA, about the SCA time period.

Not like I'm an overachiever, or anything.

Margaret