[Sca-cooks] OT: Happy Assumption

Meliora meliora at hotkey.net.au
Wed Aug 14 13:46:13 PDT 2002

Morning all,

Having your birthday on the "Day of the Assumption of Our Lady" meant that I
wasn't allowed to celebrate my birthday at the Catholic school I went to.
No, I'm not Catholic, but it was one of the school rules - anybody who had
their birthday on a religious feast day (by modern reckoning) could not
mention it at school until the day after!

Meliora
Turning 31 today been out of the Catholic education system for many years
now than you!

And before anyone asks, I have no idea if this is a broad-based Catholic
thing, or whether it was because it was a Marist school, or whether my
particular school was run by a bunch of <insert expletives here>.