[Sca-cooks] Documenting chilidogs- or: Passing natural gas...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Aug 14 23:12:41 PDT 2002

At 10:54 PM 8/14/02 -0700, you wrote:
>I've put out a request for info/documentation on the baronial e-list. My
>guess was someone took huge liberties in interpreting a sausage in meat
>sauce or some thing similar.
>
>Cecily

Could be as simple as a Hat 'declaring it Period'. We have all seen this
happen (usually chocolate...).

Or someone else mis-hearing a conversation. Cariadoc tells a story of
talking to someone who said they had it on good authority that something
(pertaining to tent waterproofing, IIRC) was period, and when asked, the
trail led back to... Cariadoc, a remark he'd made about something
conjectural, and then someone else reported it was 'maybe period' and tehn
someone else reported it as 'period' and next thing you know it is
irrefutable fact lost in teh dim annals of time...

If you ask me, it is a good reason to do your own homework! Yeah, ask for
references from others, but check them yourself. You never know when you
might be referencing your own work...

'Lainie
-if someone's gonna document chilidogs, I wanna see documentation of
peanuts and cracker jacks! I don't care if I never come back! SO it's root,
root, root for anyone-but-the-Yankeees... god, it's soo hot...