[Sca-cooks] Haggis as a projectile weapon (true!)/the Rock

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Fri Aug 16 06:26:57 PDT 2002

Well, many years ago when the list was new and rocks were soft,
we had been slinging around comments and at one point I decided
discretion was the better part of valor and crawled under a rock.
People were trying to get me to come out, but I kept mentioning
the wonders of 'under the rock' - a hot tub, full kitchen, pretty
much anything you would find in paradise. It became our in-joke,
a refuge when we say something really ridiculous, or bawdy. At
the same time, we were joking about the list being like a
cathedral, with a Papa, and acolytes and high priests and
congregations, so the rock is out by the back door step of the
Cathedral of teh Flaming Salamander.

I think you can probably find it in the archives for September or
October of the first year.

Of course, the Rock is also on any list that I or anybody from
the Cooks List is on.

margali

the quote starts here: