[Sca-cooks] Soup for the Qan - Bal-po Soup

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 21 09:17:50 PDT 2002

Margali, that's what was done, however there wasn't
enough time to cook things down properly, and we
didn't have enough chickpeas to thicken things
properly. I did the best I could with the time and
resources I had available, but a lot of things either
went totally wrong, or just didn't go right. Rain
coming down during cooking over an open fire was not a
benefit.

At least I know what to do better. Next War, if we
have a few fewer challenges, perhaps we can do better,
but sometimes you just have to do what you can with
what you have.

Phlip

--- Marilyn Traber <marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com>
wrote:
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail
> reader does not understand
> this format, some or all of this message may not be
> legible.
> --
> --
> But the recipe isn't like that.
>
> It calls for you to cook the lamb and radish in
> spiced water, then to cut
> the lamb and radish up, and then thicken broth from
> the cooking with a
> passle of chickpeas, then to add back in the lamb
> and coins of radish and to
> serve over rice.
>
> Very much like a multi-task stir fry is now, cook
> meat and veggies first,
> then make the sauce for them.
> margali
> [you have the book in the truck, dig it out and I
> will type it in when I get
> home tonight.]
>
> the quote starts here
> Our contribution was the Lamb Stew from Soup for the
> Qan, in the pot over the fire. Many thanks to Johan
> for helping so much with the smithing of the tripod,
> and to Frederich and our camp members for getting
> the
> fire set up and pre-thawing the leg of lamb. When I
> came into camp, all I needed to do was add the
> ingredients, and put everything over the fire and
> make
> the rice.
> --

=====