[Sca-cooks] goats and sheep and rabbits oh my

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Aug 22 05:41:30 PDT 2002

> > How about llamas?
>
> "The one-L lama,
> He's a priest.
> The two-L llama,
> He's a beast.
> And I will bet
> A silk pyjama
> There isn't any
> Three-L lllama."
>
> Brigh-- er, Drakey

You've just gone and reminded me of the silly little poem in the front of
the O'Reilly llama book (_Learning Perl_). Which, because I don't have it
here, I cannot quote, but it has to do with the number of 'l's in various
words.

I know, it has nothing at all to do with food.

As for fiber, llama is referred to as, well, llama. And alpaca is alpaca.
There are a bunch of them up here raised for guard animals, fiber
animals, and pets. Llama and alpaca down is very soft and spins up nice
and fluffy. The people in the Andes eat them, but I don't know that
anyone around here does. (Look! A food reference!)

Margaret, who is also a beginning fiber geek