Songs (wasRE: [Sca-cooks] goats and sheep and rabbits oh my)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Aug 23 23:41:57 PDT 2002

At 10:17 PM 8/21/02 -0400, you wrote:

>Getting back on topic, what is everyone's favorite song about food?
>(Bonus points if it's a period song).

Coming up for air briefly (Been busy moving my daughter- tomorrow is the
last load and holey-moley but this crew has been putting out the bandwidth!)

My favorite period food song is a Trouvere tune- and naturally the book is
in Sutherlin so I can't give you the guy's name- late 12th c- and the song
is something about 'when winter comes I want to find myself a generous lord
with a warm hearth who will let me share his beef and mutton and fowl and
fine cheeses in baskets' (translation as best as my memory serves. If
someone else can come up witht he lyric that would be cool).

I'd whistle the tune for you but I'd rather save my pucker for my sweetie. ;-)

'Lainie
back after I've launched my fledgeling!