[Sca-cooks] Fw: [trimaris-temp] CROWN LYST, TAVERN MENU & HOURS

vongraph vongraph at comcast.net
Sun Aug 25 21:12:02 PDT 2002

Greetings,
This has given me several *wonderful* ideas!! However, 'rat on a stick'??
Help, please?
YIS,
Isabella

Rat on a stick is our tongue in cheek title for  a dish that is not likely
to have existed but brings on some intersting ideas about the Seige of
Antioch and what might have been served jsut before they got to the
prisoners as dinner.

anyway it is combination of beef and pork ground up and mixed together in a
secret quanity, to which then are added such things as dates, raisens, eggs,
bread. various and sundry spices. it is then weighted out in 1/3 of a pound
portions that are shaped roughly as a rats body. Upon this is placed two
rasins as eyes and a stickis shoved into the neither part.  The whole
concoctionis then smoked in a smoker for a persiod of about hour or bit more
at 350 degrees and served hot.

It actually tastes very good and is great finger food for the events bit
hard on prep time because of the necessity of grinding the beef and pork
ifyou want quality but other than that its not hard to prepare. We usually
makeit before the event and bring it frozen to keep it fresh.

YIS, Elric