[Sca-cooks] Missive for Stefan, Slightly OT and shortened

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 15:18:32 PDT 2002

Here is where I show my ignorance, once again. I have seen SPCA mentioned several times, re:Pennsic, re:food, but I doubt if the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was cooking for anyone. And if they were, were they being cruel to their food, or was it veggie-tarian?
Isabella
 Philippa Alderton
wrote:
--- Isabella di Giovanni
wrote:
> Greetings, your Lordship,
> I just wanted to let you know that even before I
> started in the SCA (which was a whole 8 months-ish)
> I would run into references for your Florilegium all
> over the place, through search engines. I figured
> that you were just some BIG college or research
> company.
> It never dawned on me that all of that was done by
> one person. I never found this out until I started
> on this list. That may be why you don't get a lot of
> feed-back. Sorta incomprehensible that someone would
> put that much time and energy into something, and a
> *labor of love*, at that.
> I, for one, hope that someday I do meet you. If, for
> no other reason (except there would be lots), then I
> could say *I have met THE Stefan*. Like the Lady
> said, not kissing up, just fact.
> Isabella

Well, all of us try to help Stefan, where we can ;-) I
save and send him information from some of the Lists
I'm on, as do many folks I know- the problem is, there
really isn't much we can do to help him, because he
really needs to make the decisions.

If you meet him, I think you'll enjoy him- he's a very
sweet man, or he was until joining us in SPCA loosened
him up ;-)

Meantime, if you're where he is, look for a tall
red-head, usually hauling a basket of books, and
peering interestedly at almost anything ;-)

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,