[Sca-cooks] tea question, 2nd attempt

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Tue Aug 27 08:36:04 PDT 2002

>I believe what you are looking for can be found under the general category
>of Dim Sum, which I understand to mean "little hearts" and which are
>the various bite-size things that you eat at a tea house.

>Morgana Abbey wrote:
>
>>  OK, let me be even more specific than when I first posted my question.
>>
>>  I'd like some ideas of CHINESE goodies to serve with tea.  I know
>>  "afternoon tea" is post-period.  That is why I'm asking about Chinese tea
>>  things.  Master A, do you have some insight regarding this?
>>
>  > Morgana LeCoeur

But if the point of using Chinese goodies is because afternoon tea is
post-period in Europe, presumably she wants period Chinese goodies.
There are now two period Chinese cookbooks available (Soup for the
Qan and the little one PPC published), but I don't know them well
enough to answer the question. The little one does have a version of
the sort of roast pork one gets as a Chinese appetizer.
--
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/