[Sca-cooks] OOP, an interesting list of "disgusting foods"

El Hermoso Dormido ElHermosoDormido at dogphilosophy.net
Tue Aug 27 23:42:21 PDT 2002

> > Gorgeous Muiredach wrote:
> > > Found the following list.  Entirely arguable, but certainly raises a
> > > smile or two :-)
> > > http://www.andreas.com/food.html

That's funny, he lists "Irn Bru" but not Tizer....

("Irn Bru" is a brand/flavor of soda.  It tastes, as I recall, just like
"Juicy Fruit" Gum.  "Tizer", on the other hand, reminded me of cherry Pez.  Or
possibly "Red Bull".  It's been quite some time since I've tasted either...)

Interesting list - not so much "wierd" or "disgusting" as "Foods that are
eaten in one place that many other places tend to think are disgusting"...

(I was amused about the "Eww, it's moldy" complaint about tempeh, but the
author doesn't even mention Sake, which is made from moldy rice....)