[Sca-cooks] Maraschini

Mark Calderwood mark-c at acay.com.au
Thu Aug 29 07:54:46 PDT 2002

Greetings all,

Earlier this week at the gourmet market in town I found a sweet called
maraschini- a little ball of ground almond mixture (similar to the French
bisket-bread in Fettiplace) wrapped around a cherry and covered in flaked
almonds, then presumably baked. They also taste amazing (and went very well
with dessert that night- individual orange and almond cakes moistened with
orange syrup, maraschini and coconut ice cream). I was wondering seeing as
the ingredients are simple and well-known in period, if there was a
reference to these or something similar in period?

Giles