[Sca-cooks] Re: Buttes was Scappi

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Aug 29 11:44:06 PDT 2002

Scappi does have forks.
And for Buttes... well there are valid reasons
it seems to me that Buttes was never reprinted.
Those folks back in 1599 certainly weren't crying
for more editions of this Elizabethan work. I read it
as I copied it off for Huette in the spring. It can get
very tedious unless taken in very short doses. It's
worth having because it does get referenced as in Aresty,
but overall, it's not amazing or cool or interesting a work.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway