[Sca-cooks] A Cheesy Problem

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Fri Aug 30 06:21:10 PDT 2002

In a message dated 8/28/2002 6:05:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
phlip_u at yahoo.com writes:

> > Take and smyte faire buttes of porke and buttes of
> > vele togidre, and put hit
> > in a faire potte.  > 1 ½ pounds mixed ground meat,
> including at least two
> > of pork, veal, beef
>
> Question- why did you use ground meat? I'd have though
> of a dice, but not ground.

Well, when I first started following the recipe from Pleyn Delit, I didn't
know any better :-)
Since then, I've kept using it for two reasons - ease of prep, since I don't
have to sit there and chop the meat before I can go on to the next stage; and
the fact that, made with ground meat, the finished pie, hot or cold, holds
together so well that it can be eaten out of hand without even needing a
plate.  Since I usually use it for lunch for an event, that makes it
exceedingly convenient.  I think diced meat would be more inclined to
crumble.

Brangwayna