[Sca-cooks] sorta OT - Cookie Exchange 2002?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 30 17:48:38 PDT 2002

--- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:
> At 05:43 PM 8/28/02 -0700, you wrote:
> >Hi!
> >
> >Please include me on this list.  I will do
> either
> >something German, like lebkuchen or
> pfefferneuse
> >or perhaps something Polish, like lekkerli.
> >Depends on what others are planning on making.
> >
> >Huette
>
> Well, I was thinking about jumping in this
> year, and I was thinking about
> doing my Grandma's Pfefferneusse- it ships well
> and tastes better aged a
> little. What are lekkerli?
>
> 'Lainie

They are a soft short bread cookie topped with
mixed dried and candied fruits and a lemon glaze.
I will post the recipe when I remember to bring
it into work with me.

But thinking about it again, these don't travel
well.

Pfefferneusse always travel well.

But so I don't duplicate, I will do Springerle
instead.  I inherited my grandmother's springerle
rolling pin and I really should use it more.
Springerle travels well also.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.