SC - Kitchen Authorization

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sun Dec 1 09:47:12 PST 2002

> I wish our Kingdom page program would have such a class component,
> but since my class on herbs was described as 'sissy' by the local
> pagemistress, I'm not up to trying. I did do a class on making
> mustards for another page group in the kingdom and they liked it.
> Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

Sissy, huh?  Was that her opinion, or that of the kids?  I had quite a
bit of luck with  an herb class for boy scouts and weebelos, and they did
not think it was sissy, they had fun.  (Maybe the fact that I had brought
my new puppy along had something to do with it, but I also had fresh
plants for them to look at, and they really liked that!)
I recently had an anonymous note at work saying that no one cared about
the stupid employee classes, so why waste paper to post them?  My
response was that I'd bet a dollar that note was from someone who had not
taken any of my classes, and it was too damn bad, the classes were going
to be posted regardless.  You never know where information you cast on
the waters will land and grow, so I go ahead and teach, and let those
that don't want to learn wallow in thier own ignorance.
Gee, you have a burn or a tummy ache or a rash?  Too bad.  I'll go over
here and play with my sissy herbs.  ;})
Christianna