[Sca-cooks] Pate = Period?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 1 00:26:19 PST 2002

Nancy Kiel commented:
> Are you thinking about how pate is made, or how it is used?  Because sausage
> would seem to me to be a sort of pate, but I always think of modern-day pate
> as being something you spread on bread or crackers, which I don't think was
> done in period.

It seems we had a similar discussion earlier this year, although I don't
think there was a definative consensus reached on exactly a pate was
or was not.

Here are a couple of messages that I remembered being in the spreads-msg

(hush Phlip), that I just finished editing last night. When it
gets uploaded to the Florilegium site, the file will be in the
FOOD-CONDIMENTS section:

spreads-msg       (12K) 11/29/02    Period spreads for bread. recipes.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com