[Sca-cooks] OT - some quilt and knitting info

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 2 18:22:08 PST 2002

Ranvaig commented:
> Umm... lets see... I'm piecing a quilt for my bed (1000 pieces, 1/5th
> done so far),
> just started knitting socks for my hubby, and want to handsew a linen
> tunic before 12th night.

Is this a period style quilt or knitted socks? Just in case you might
be interested, here are a few files in the Florilegium on these
subjects:

quilting-msg      (39K) 11/16/99    Quilting in period.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEXTILES/quilting-msg.html

Hist-of-Quilt-art (36K)  3/30/99    Quilting and applique class notes and
                                       biblio. by Lady Bianca Rose Byrnes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEXTILES/Hist-of-Quilt-art.html
Knit-Stockngs-art (23K) 10/ 2/01    "Knittted Stockings" by Baroness Rhiall of
                                       Wystanesdon (better known as Wrynne).

http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/Knit-Stockngs-art.html

knit-stockngs-msg  (7K)  3/26/01    Period knit sotckings.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/merch-cloth-lst.html

I've also got several other, more general files on period knitting in
the TEXTILE ARTS section.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com