[Sca-cooks] OT: scotch eggs

Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au
Tue Dec 3 17:41:22 PST 2002

I don't bread the outside of mine at all, which solves the problem entirely! Nor do I deep fry them.  After forming the beef mince/spice mixture around the boiled egg, I just pop them on oven trays and bake them.  They don't come out as perfectly round as the fried ones seem to, but they are just fine, taste good, and lower the fat content a bit, as well as removing the carbs if that is what you are after.

Kiriel