[Sca-cooks] Harkarl in Australia?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 4 18:13:33 PST 2002

I got this message yesterday. I pointed him toward the fd-Iceland-msg
file and a few others in the Florilegium. He gave me permission to
forward his inquiry to this list. I thought maybe some of the Australians
here might have a better idea of whether Harkarl (the fermented shark
meat) could be found in Australia than I could.

Please email him directly or copy him on any messages about this to this
list as he is not a subscriber. His email address is:
carl.hammerschmidt at sbs.com.au

Thanks,
   Stefan

I am an Australian journalist doing a story on unusual food from around the
world. I was wondering if you knew whether Harkarl was available in Australia
- and if so, where?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Carl Hammerschmidt