[Sca-cooks] Cookie recipes

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Thu Dec 5 06:30:09 PST 2002

Here are the recipes for the cookies I sent for the exchange.  Each of you
will get 6 cookies...one of each kind.  I was trying for an..um...eclectic
variety of tastes.

Etain

Variations of Shortbread

General directions:  mix dry ingredients, cut in the butter, add the
"flavorings", mix with your hands (the heat will help it "come together").
Roll, pat, stomp into an even layer.  Cut into shapes (with a knife, cookie
cutters, etc)  Bake at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes.  If the dough is
just too crumbly...add more butter!

Green:  Green Tea  (mkes 3 dozen small)
  2 cups flour
  2 Tbsp green tea powder (I used Celestial Seasonings..cut open the bags and

   ground in my mortar)
  1/2 tsp salt
  1/2 lb butter
  1/2 cup sugar

Brown ( there are two kinds....and no..unless I taste, I can't tell them
apart)

   Chocolate Fleck  (makes 12)
   1 1/4 cups flour
   3 Tbsp sugar
  1/2 cup butter
  1/3 cup mini chips

   Peanut Butter ( makes 16)
  1  1/4 cups flour
   3 Tbsp brown sugar
   1/3 cup butter
    1/3 cup peanut butter
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1/2 cup minichips

Spotted:  Lemon Poppyseed (makes16)
                 1 1/4 cups flour
                 3 Tbsp sugar
                 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
                 1/2 cup butter
                  1 tsp finely shredded lemon peel

White:  Cranberry  (makes 3 doz)
             2 1/2 cups flour
             1/2 cup sugar
             1/4 tsp salt
             1 cup butter
             1/2 cup finely snipped dried cranberries (I used Craisins)

Pink:  Cherry ( makes 2 doz)
    1 1/4 cup flour
    3 Tbsp sugar
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup maraschino cherries (well drained and chopped)
    1 Tbsp cherry juice

I will note here that this last one is the only one to contain a liquid..and
it made the cookies tough, I thought!  They were easier to mix and
roll..but..tough.  So..if you can't get things to "come together"....add
butter, NOT a liquid!