[Sca-cooks] Comparison shopping

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Tue Dec 10 05:57:09 PST 2002

I heartily agree. When I was doing the USDA commodities program for US
Foodservice/Dutch Royal Ahold in CT, I got a commodities/meat&dairy update
daily. I remember one week when commodity chicken [whole roasters] went from
..29 per pound [wholesale] to .49 and Admin Services for CT about went
apesh!t on me. Veggie pricing is just as volatile, but ran on a more weekly
schedule. And fish/seafood importing is simply insane, that can change
several times daily;-(

Course it made shopping for feasts wonderful because I could buy at
wholesale...but the feastocrat for DragonFlight turned down my offer, I
guess I was not in the right clique;-( and the food would have had bad
cooties...
margali

the quote starts here:
I must admit, this comparison shop weeks in advance really kinda boggles my
mind...  Considering that the price of produce and meat is liable to change
without much notice from one day to the other...

<shrug>  In the end, what works for one may not work for the other.

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd