[Sca-cooks] Back among the living.....sorta

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 18:25:22 PST 2002

Well, dearies, I've had a rough week.  I was sick at work two days last week.  Took Friday off, so I could go camping to the War Collegium.  Spent it instead worshipping the Porcelain Goddess all day.  Purposely ate very little Saturday, so I would be able to receive that AoA scroll.  Ate a morsel or two at Feast to be polite, then headed home.  Had to stop twice to get rid of twice what I ate.  Wound up in the Emergency Room Sunday afternoon in the fetal position with a temp of 103 and a blood glucose of 361.  Not sure what they put in that IV, but Mom had to pour me into bed around 8 hours later.  Slept all day Monday, with a temp.  Nothing to eat but clear liquids.  Same thing Tuesday, but temp went down a bit.  Back to work today with a normal temp, still on clear liquids.  Tried a bit of solid food about two hours ago, and it seems to be sticking.  Wish me luck on keeping it down.  Have to see my Doctor on Friday to get the results of all the tests they ran at the Hospital to get a final diagnosis, but I NEVER want to go through that again.  I got my little purple pill filled on Monday, and I'm sticking with it.  Word is that it will soon be available over the counter, so I can tell my Doctor Nyah Nyah Nyah if she tries to change it to something else.

OB food content:  My first solid food was Lasagne noodles in chicken broth and a bit of a low fat white sauce, with a tiny bit of garlic and pepper for flavor.

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook
Atenveldt, Atenveldt
mundanely Pat Griffin