[Sca-cooks] OT: ? meat sale

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Thu Dec 12 08:20:27 PST 2002

just as a note.. i know this will be off topic for some of you, BUT

Wilsons is having a minor sale on Bottom Round sections.  this is the entire
bottom round.
which includes the "bottom round roast" the "eye roast" something called the
flat... etc etc

i had one custom cut for me (yes, i know the butchers well.. but they do
this for free for anyone as long as they are not busy)

we got six or seven roasts (eye and bottom round) trimmed extra lean for pot
roasting
stew meat
extra lean ground beef
and a big pile of tallow fat which i had them grind for ease of melting.

running at 1.59 a pound for the whole thing.. and i think they didnt weigh
all the fat but i am not sure.
they would have cut it any way i wanted.. its just that when we eat beef we
typically pot roast it.. so thats what we got.

now... does anyone have any brilliant ideas on using the fat? i know
technically "suet" is a specific fat....
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."