[Sca-cooks] New member!

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 13 10:37:20 PST 2002

First off, welcome to the list!

>This coming season, I'll be running the kitchen for the ambassador from
>Navarre. Which is how I found this list - wandering about looking for ideas
>for Southern French cooking from the middle of the 16th century. Any
>suggestions gratefully accepted - my focus has always been English.

Hmmm... Navarre, IIRC, by the mid 1500s was part of Aragon.  (If anybody's
got better info, let me know.)  You'd do just as well using Spanish sources
from the same time period: de Nola, Granado, et al.  Plenty of tasty stuff
there.  When are you planning to do this shindig, and what sorts of things
are you looking to make (stews, roasts, sweets)?  There's a number of us who
have worked extensively with these sources, and who would be more than happy
to send you stuff.  All you have to do is ask!

Vicente
If you get into a jam, you can always eat something, blow something up or
throw penguins. --Jim Henson