[Sca-cooks] cooks guild potluck report

Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au
Tue Dec 17 20:37:17 PST 2002

The Politarchopolis branch of the Lochac cooks guild hosted a non-costumed potluck dinner last night. All of the Barony were invited to come along and bring a dish.

It was a grand success;  about 25 people came, the major proportion of whom had brought a medieval dish.  Amongst the dishes were:

- macrows
- A janete of hens
- Digby's small cakes
- marzipan pastries
- a pottage of coriander
- preserved quinces
- cinnamon honey tart
- nucato
- chick pea dish
- macaroons
- gingerbrede

For quite a few this was their first attempt at period cookery and the results were very impressive.  Master Drake also kindly donated some of his brews which added to the convivial atmostphere.  There were children underfoot, much lively discussion, and a general view that we should do this again.

Kiriel du Papillon
Cooks guild rep for Politarchopolis

My thanks to Oriel, Beth, Jon and Drake who stayed so late cleaning up.