[Sca-cooks] Eating what you cook, was Changing topic to period recipe: Cormarye

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 18 14:01:13 PST 2002

Generys wrote:
>...that's the problem with
>cooking - I never want to eat if I've been cooking all day - maybe I need to
>cook more, I'd eat less... :-)  Does anyone else get like this?

Yes.

I've been like this since i was around 19. If i were cooking a
"gourmet" meal, and i was concerned about the outcome, i couldn't eat
the food...

While i do taste the food while cooking a feast in the kitchen - i
really only take tiny amounts. Since i'll be tasting something else,
i don't want to overwhelm my senses with one dish. Definitely not
enough to fill me up.

I check with the Autocrat and have a table set up in the feast hall
near the kitchen for my helpers, so they can participate in the
goings on. I often chase my helpers out to eat - i worry about them,
as i have lots of young'uns (college students) helping me.

I tend to duck out after the course has been served and sit - but i
can never take more than a couple teaspoons of each dish onto my
plate, and i never can eat it all. Then i duck back into the kitchen
to make sure the next course is ok and get a helper or two if
necessary. Usually once everything has been prepped and the food is
well underway, such that one course has been served, i don't need too
many helpers until it's time to dish up the next course and to wash
the serving dishes from the previous one.

Anahita