[Sca-cooks] PPC

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 26 13:04:57 PST 2002

Greetings.  Avraham, I believe, asked what PPC was.  It's short for
Petits Propos Culinaires, a thrice-yearly culinary history
publication put out by folks connected with Prospect Books.  Stefan
has something on his Florilegium, I believe, with more details.  If
not, I can type in contact info and prices.  Amanda (from one of the
book companies) who used to be on this list sold back issues.
Anyone remember the name of the company?  The material is
interesting and well-researched with articles by some of the "big
names" in culinary research, as well as dabblers.  Much of it is OOP
for the SCA, but there is usually one article in each issue worth
the money.

A few years ago I wrote up a brief blurb on the medieval and
Renaissance articles for Amanda which supposedly went on her
company's website.  Since my brain won't access the name of that
book company, I can't tell you if it's still there, but she was
using the blurbs as help for folk who wanted back issues.

Alys Katharine