Debatable Crown (was: Re: [Sca-cooks] about Bishop Geoffrey d'Ayr)

Ciorstan ciorstan at attbi.com
Fri Dec 27 21:48:41 PST 2002

Maire writes:

> Eastern Debatable Crown? Huh?
> --maire, who hasn't seen the movie, either....

Two finalists in Crown, both of whom would not relinquish their claims
to the throne of the East. It was ... seriously icky. I have always been
a Caidan over my 24 or so years in the SCA and even I, in relative
isolation from Parts east of the Rockies, heard something about it.

There is an interesting essay in a past Tournaments Illuminated written
by Tamara of Gloucester when she returned to the SCA after leaving the
organization for some years-- interesting for what it doesn't say as
much as for what it does say. Aeduin, ask your lady about Tamara, whom
she knew very well.

ciorstan