[Sca-cooks] Re: Salted herring

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 30 15:38:04 PST 2002

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd commented:

>> > Personally I can't understand why. The stuff makes me gag.
>>
>>The French can make a delicacy out of anything!

Yep. Reduce the portion size or increase the price. Add a fancy name, and
voila! A delicacy. :-)

> I really enjoy salted herrings.  Thing is, you must de-salt it before you
> eat it :-)  Simmered then mixed in with mashed potatoes.  Classic dish
> which name escapes me, but ohhh so yummy :-)
Sounds pretty desperate. Kind of like a fishy shepherd's pie. I think I'd

stick to the snails and liver pate'.

It's pretty hard to find salted herring around here, although I do have

a 1 lb box od dried cod in the refrigerator. Anyone have a favorite recipe
using dried cod?

Stefan

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com