Cookies: Request Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: Cookies

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Sun Dec 1 18:07:33 PST 2002

>>This is my first time, I didn't know that was an option.
>>I had fun making them anyway.
>
>Good, glad you did :-)
>
>I think we had discussed this on the list before.  Ya must have missed
>it.  No worries, I'll enjoy your dozen ;-)  Is it a "Dirty Dozen"? <grin>

I managed to keep them off the floor *S*
Or is that the same as "Baker's dozen"?

>What are we expecting from you?

They are a bar cookie with a shortbread base, spread with preserves,
then with struedel and baked, then drizzled with chocolate.
There are three kinds, and everyone got four of each kind.
Quite rich, but not overly sweet.

I had the strawberry and raspberry preserves on hand,
but when I went to World Market to pickup the chocolate,
I splurged on some blueberry preserves.  The better
preserves really do stand out, I think.

I thought the chocolate would stand up to shipping better than
the icing that I usually use, and it tastes much better.
Ranvaig