[Sca-cooks] Probe/timers

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Mon Dec 2 12:46:45 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mercedes/Stephanie" <steldr at cox.net>
> Gunther -
>
> Pampered Chef sells them.  They are not horribly expensive ($40?) and
if you
> have a party you could earn enough points to get one free!!!!!
That's how I
> got mine. :)  I believe you can go to http://www.pamperedchef.com/
> and they will put you in contact with a rep.
>
> Not affiliated, just an avid fan.

Not an enemy, but just go buy one of a shelf.  If you play eBay games,
you can try there.  Polder, the manufacturer recommended by Cooks
Illustrated and Alton Brown (see there materials for model numbers to
get) can be bought for around $30 the last time I looked on line.  eBay
has lots of different ones going at different times.  You can find the
line available from Polder at www.polder.com if you are net ready.

I don't own one yet, but hope Santy Claus brings me one this year.
Polder is the brand I intend to try, but this is one area where Your
Mileage Will Vary.  If $30 is steep, then just get a quick read type
dial jobber for $7.00 and check it periodically . . . or maniacally :o)

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco