[Sca-cooks] spinach quantities

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Dec 2 20:25:58 PST 2002

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

 Can those who have cooked spinach for feasts, give me a good
> idea of how much spinach per person-- or how many people per case of
> spinach? I'm thinking one bunch of spinach might serve 3-4 diners.

Well, I've never cooked it for feast, but I can guarantee that Margali, Rob,
and I plan on a bunch apiece, that's 1 pound, each, for dinner. Now, I'll
admit, most people don't like it as much as we do, but I can't really see a
pound of cooked spinach being enough for more that two people, three, maybe,
if one of them hates it and won't eat it.

If used as a salad green, you can use it as you would any green, but once
cooked, it really does almost vanish.

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,