[Sca-cooks] Turkey day odds and ends

Marcus Antaya mantaya at cogeco.ca
Mon Dec 2 20:29:21 PST 2002

> Buy your pumpkin at Halloween, if kept in a cool, dry place, it'll stay
> good for a long time. Just don't let it freeze.  I always cook my
> dressing separate from my turkey.  Every time I've tried stuffing the
> turkey, I didn't like the way things turned out.  The turkey was dry and
> the stuffing very wet. I think I'll try the pumpkin thing next year,
> since you gave it your seal of approval.

My Grandmother makes a stuffing made out of ground veal and pork. It's
almost like a meatloaf that's baked in the turkey...the fat from the
stuffing keeps the turkey nice and moist, and the stuffing is fought over to
the last little piece. If anyone is interested in the recipe, I'll post it.

To be honest, I never had bread stuffing until I went to my wife's family
Thanksgiving.
My parents got a phone call threatening death if they didn't save me some!!!

Gyric