[Sca-cooks] Pretzel Salad

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 3 06:35:00 PST 2002

>Funny how my mom didn't remember I hate pretzels. But I did score big on
>bath towels and washcloths. They had stayed with me earlier that year.
>Mom was scandalized by the fact I only had 4 bath towels and 4 wash
>cloths. I was living by myself at the time.  I think I came home with 6
>bath towels and 25 or 30 washcloths. I still haven't used some of them.
>
>When I checked out my Christmas stocking, there was a 10-pack of chewing
>gum.  I don't chew gum either.
>
>Liadan

You message made me a little sad Liadan.  To have a family that has a mom
that can't remember what you like but remembered that someone liked it, to
have a holiday get together with them and be able to have that memory stick
so vividly because of that, to get 25 washclothes for only one face.  To
have a stocking hung somewhere where they love and want you, even if they
don't remember that you don't like gum.  No one has hung a stocking for me
in too many years.  Count the moments of love.  You have a lot.
Olwen
..ok, move along..soap opera is over...