[Sca-cooks] OT Gilderoy Lockhart

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 4 09:00:52 PST 2002

> >And wasn't Kenneth Branagh *PERFECT* as Gilderoy?
>
> I'd kind of hoped for John O'Hurley (who was J. Peterman on
> "Seinfeld"), but I suppose he wasn't a sufficiently
> realistically-fake real UK person...
>
> Adamantius

I had hoped for Baron Giles Hill of Sweetwater, but he's not a SAG
member.  Yes, I've already said this to his face, he said that if anyone
was going to play Giles, Kenneth Branagh wasn't a bad choice.

As for Dumbledore, see the following from E! Online
<http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,10744,00.html?eol.tkr>

... Neither Warners nor Prisoner of Azkaban director Alfonso Cuaron
would comment
     on the search to find a suitable Harris sub. But London's Daily
Mirror tabloid says
     the filmmakers have zeroed in on a likely candidate: Harris'
Chamber of Secrets
     stand-in.

     The paper quotes an unnamed insider close to the production as
saying that
     72-year-old Harry Robinson not only looks like the esteemed Irish
actor, but also
     has his mannerisms and voice down pat, so much so that "producers
have told
     Harry there's a very strong chance of him getting the part."

     Robinson told the Mirror he'd be more than willing. "It would be my
tribute to
     someone I was very fond of."

Selene Colfox, quoting my sources