[Sca-cooks] Cookies are arriving!!

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Dec 4 11:05:01 PST 2002

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> >Cookies are arriving!  The UPS man just dropped off two huge and one
medium
> >size box...  They all smell good....
> >
> >Apollonia

Well, the two boxes from Connecticut are off. Inside each, one from me, one
from Margali, is an envelope with a $20 bill, and a brief description- my
chocolatl chip cookies, and Margali's Baby Fruitcakes.

Since we don't really have room at the house to package things, I did it at
the Post Office. Postmaster was laughing at what I was calling those boxes-
trust me, whatever it was, had nothing to do with cookies. As I left, he
asked the next person in line, who was also sending out a package, if it
contained any hazardous materials- told him one of mine contained
fruitcakes- did that count? For some reason, the rest of the patrons broke
up....

Anyway Apollonia, I deliberately used left-over plastic grocery bags to help
pad things, so you can use them to help sort things out, if you need
temporary containers.

Mine are packaged in double bags- the outside bag contains the chocolatl
chip cookies with the hot peppers, the inside bags are without. They aren't
terribly hot, but I don't want anyone surprised.

Recipe:

Chocolatl Chip Cookies- celiac friendly

2 1/4 c Masa Harina
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 c butter
3/4 c granulated sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract (ran out, so I subbed in 1 tsp Rum in the
        hot pepper cookies)
2 lg eggs
1 12 0z pkg chocolate chips
-Optional-
1 c mixed chopped fresh hot peppers (different colors)

Mix masa harina, salt, and baking soda. cream the sugar into the softened
butter, then add vanilla (or rum) and eggs. Slowly add the masa mixture
until you have a firm dough. Add in chocolate chips and peppers.

Heat oven to 375. Place 1 tsp, m/l, of dough per cookie on the cookie
sheets. Bake approximately 10 minutes.

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,