[Sca-cooks] CRUSADER FOOD

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Dec 4 12:37:13 PST 2002

> 'The master of the castle, Count Gaston Phoebus de Foix, was known as a
> "prudent knight and much beloved by all who surrounded him." According to
> one of his servants, the count "adored dogs, hunting his wife and eating and
> dined four times daily'
>
> Hunting his wife???
> Eep!
> Wow...those crusaders were....interesting gents...

I had this vision of an elaborate game of hide-and-seek. :)

[Which leads, through labrinthine processes, to Bette Midler's comment:
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me."]

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"It's no use trying to be clever- we are all clever here; just try
to be kind- a little kind." F. J. Foakes Jackson.