[Sca-cooks] Food Network and Master A's nightmare

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 4 19:58:29 PST 2002

Bonne said:

>>Is Marlborough Pudding like Marlborough Pie w/out the
>>crust?  The Marlborough Pie I know of is like pumpkin
>>pie except applesauce instead of pumpkin mush.
So, does anyone have a recipe for this Marlborough Pie/Pudding? This

sounds interesting and maybe not too complicated to make.

Gunthar said:
> Exactly that. They explain in the episode that in that
> time a pie without a lid was referred to as a "pudding".
> Especially those like pumpkin pies or custards.

Then when is something a "pie", compared to a "tart", compared
to a "pudding", compared to a "custard"?

I've still got a collection of posted messages that are grouped

under tarts-msg because that was what they were titled or referred
to as. But many look similar to the files in the pies-msg file. And
I already have a puddings-msg file, but they also include things
boiled in bags or custardy things cooked in dishes in water. I'd like
to get these tarts-msg files online.

In what files would you look for these various pie/pudding/tart things?
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com