[Sca-cooks] 2002 Cook's Symposium

Thu Dec 5 07:53:32 PST 2002

Marrow covers a multitude of sins.  Although it usually means a large,
watery squash similar to a zucchini, I have seen the term used in relation
to a pumpkin shaped winter squash in a 16th Century painting.

Cucumbers may not be an inaccuracy.  They are Old World and were known to
the Romans, so they may have been brought to England before the Anglo-Saxon
invasions.

Bear