[Sca-cooks] What do you think? OT

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Thu Dec 5 08:11:10 PST 2002

Randy Goldberg MD wrote:

> I've been struggling with my SCA identity for some
> time now.

Is that like "having an argument with yourself" ...
and loosing the argument?  <g>

> Avraham haRofeh ("haRofeh" means "the doctor"), no
> matter what period, wouldn't know a damned thing about
> my interests - cooking, brewing and heraldry.
> I chose the name because it was identifiably ME, but
> clearly isn't really suitable for who I want to be in
> period.

> Since I look best and feel most comfortable in High
> Tudor garb (funny that, being a 350lb man who looks
> rather like Henry VIII), I've decided that's my period.
> I want an easily documented name, so I don't have to
> drive my herald (me) nuts with the registration forms,
> but something that's still more or less recognizable
> as me.

Having met you just once (at 100 Minutes), I agree
that Avraham "fits".

> I've settled on Randall Cook - so I can still be
> Randy (which is how virtually everyone knows me
> anyway).

That name also seems appropriate.

> What do you all think?

Today we have a special offer ... 2 personas for the
price of one!

Why not continue to be Avraham haRofeh for formal
occasions, as physician to those with high position, ...

Then, at other times, be Randall Cook ... cook, brewer,
herbalist, ...

Consider the examples of Baron Silver and Baron Norbert.

> Randy

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl