[Sca-cooks] What do you think? OT

Randall Cook of Northpass goldberg at bestweb.net
Fri Dec 6 17:45:31 PST 2002

> Sudentur, was Randall Cook of Northpass, was Avraham (see below :-) )
said:

<grin> The "soon to be Sudentur" modifies Northpass, not the rest of the
name. :-)

> I had thought Avraham was Jewish and wondered whether Randall would be and
> if so, whether that would be a problem in Tudor England.

No, Randall won't be, and yes, it would be a problem. Jews were banished
from England in the late 1200's (well before Spain), and not allowed back
until after our period, under Cromwell, in the 1680s.

> If you haven't checked it out, there is a very good name resource site
> put together by some of the SCA heralds, called St. Gabriel and another
> by Arval:

I'm a herald myself, dear man, and a member of the Academy of St. Gabriel.
But thanks for the pointer. :-)

> I don't know if you've looked at this file, but perhaps it might be
> of some help, although you seem to like the idea of Tudor men's clothing.
> If your concern is making the Tudor garb, remember that the lower
> the class, generally the easier the garb is to make.

I don't sew. Full stop. So as long as I can find someone to make me stuff (I
can trade cordials, meads and cash!), I'm cool.

Randy

Randall Cook of Northpass
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
RandomTag: Ask the *NEXT* question. Keep on asking questions, and don't
stop, and sooner or later you'll be asking intelligent ones. If you live
long enough. - Theodore Sturgeon

---