[Sca-cooks] Vigils, was ARRRRGH!

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at AirservicesAustralia.com
Sun Dec 8 15:49:22 PST 2002

> Even if that couldn't be arranged, it might be nice to be able to have
> the time to create a ceremony, and the preliminary stuff like the
vigil,
> that resembled a peerage ceremony from the time period we study.
Hmmm.
> Hey Drakey, where did you get the info you based your Peerage ceremony
> upon?

Yep.  It was previously used by Master Findlaech mac Alasdair, OL of
Atlantia (www.his.com/tom) and slightly modified by me.  I stumbled
across the article a few years back as was awestruck by its simplicity
and relevance for my persona.

There are many other period fealty ceremonies if you go digging.  I just
didn't want to use the very 'tolkienesqe' ceremony that Lochac inherited
from West Kingdom.  I had many positive comments about my choice
afterwards.  It was a pleasant surprise to many...

Cheers,

Drake.