[Sca-cooks] nerves, was A serious accident

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Mon Dec 9 12:33:04 PST 2002

yeah.. what he said...
i was flat out told i wouldnt regain ANY use of my right hand.. but i am
back toting that barge and lifting that bale  huckstering... i just do not
sew proffesionally any more, as that kind of repetative motion and weight is
over my tolerances now.

it may take a LONG time to recover any lost nerve function.. but my EMG
(horrid evil medical nerve assesment test) said the nerve was completely
shot. and i DID recover a great deal.  it just took five years or so.

mind you.. other folks come out of recovery.. and five days later are going
"what nerve damage"?"        just dont let him over do what use he
has........ he will HAVE to use the arm, or he will lose function.. but at
the same time it can be frustrating.. and easy to push too hard.
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."